Author Topic: Bullbar uses  (Read 4782 times)

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
Bullbar uses
« on: June 20, 2007, 06:11:59 PM »
I thought i would start a thread about bull bars, Advice, accessories, advantages dissadvantages, the lot.
I posted a litle story in the post ur beast thread about how usefull mine has been so far.
Write in your stories ideas etc, Like lukes adapted bullbar that he managed to snap, twice!

Offline Phafin

• Regular User
    • View Profile
Bullbar uses
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:37:49 PM »
The big old landy or patrol with the bfo bull bar and side rails should always go 1st down an unknown track, that way he can push the fallen timber out of the way :brow:

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
Bullbar uses
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 11:55:50 PM »
and get his radiator or fuel tank punctured. you can use the spilt fuel to burn the rest of ur obsticles out of the way!:clap:

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
Bullbar uses
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 10:54:28 AM »
Can't say my bullbar has ever helped the car.. I have come close to hitting roos, and it's snagged a few times entering creeks and swamps, not to mention how often it hit on the comp track at loveday. But really without it I don't think the front of my car would of touched anything.
So far it's just been showy and something to hold my lights.
It is a good "just in case" device, like lukes 80kph into the roo, imagine how easy it would of been to write it off without protection.
Like they say, always use protection.

Offline lukes6

• Regular User
    • View Profile
Bullbar uses
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 11:15:36 AM »
If your planning on doing much camping in bush type situations a bull bar of some sort is worth while insurance.
I had only had mine on for like a week when i first broke it. (So glad it was there)

Offline Roger

• Post Happy User
  • I fix and make stuff...
    • View Profile
Bullbar uses
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 09:06:55 PM »
Mine hides my winch, and lets me drive at dangerous speeds at night :eek:

Also good for mounting big driving lights (I need some, to help me drive even faster at night) and CB aerials!
105 Landcruiser - 3" lift - 33" MTZs - LPG injection - Tigerz11 winch - Bull lamps - DIY on board air - rear drawers/bed/table

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
Bullbar uses
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 10:11:26 PM »
mmm i could use those aswell, so much money needs to be spent, so little money to spend.

Offline Phafin

• Regular User
    • View Profile
Bullbar uses
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 04:22:45 PM »
throw the aerials off your spare wheel mount at the back, then when you take the top of your 4runner to go shooting your mates wont hit them with the shotty :thumbup:

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
Bullbar uses
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 08:03:50 PM »
Well after lots of playing this arvo i finnaly scraped the bullbar on the way into a hole, not that it stopped me though. the idea of cutting the bottom off is in the pipe line but i would want to make it look neat. still not sure if its worth while

Offline Roger

• Post Happy User
  • I fix and make stuff...
    • View Profile
Bullbar uses
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »
When I get a pipe bender we can make a really good approach angle one for ya Chris, I plan on building one like this

or this

or maybe even something like this

need to make something that will also keep the roo dents out.
105 Landcruiser - 3" lift - 33" MTZs - LPG injection - Tigerz11 winch - Bull lamps - DIY on board air - rear drawers/bed/table