Author Topic: Roger's 4Runner playing on rocks  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
Roger's 4Runner playing on rocks
« on: March 25, 2009, 09:10:37 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqvv_nvjt3I

This is back from January at Loveday 4x4 Park, just got around to sticking this vid up.

Offline acousticjase88

• Regular User
    • View Profile
Re: Roger's 4Runner playing on rocks
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 11:31:59 AM »
nothing bad abotu that!
how on earth is he smashing those hills with ease? are they those lockers or something....?...could a suby do any of that ?
04' Hilux SR5 Dual Cab

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 12:35:13 PM »
It is a beast, Makes me miss my maverick and all the things I never did to it!

Offline shuffbag

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 12:45:03 PM »
quite impressive, but why drive over rocks when you can drive around them..... i mean it seemed to be flat ground every where but where he was driving

hahaha im a idiot!

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 01:46:15 PM »
At Loveday, Tony (the owner) builds tracks to test your car. This one is the hardest so far. I wouldn't even attempt anything after the first corner in a Subaru.
It would be un-passable without lockers. And the extra low range made it pretty easy really...

He bent his bullbar in two places. Lost part of the bumper (corner piece). Dented his Range Rover fuel tank. Bent the rear right fender and probably more. But it was fun.

Roger and I don't go 4wding to get places, we go 4wding to have fun. So avoiding everything possible seems pointless to us.

Offline shuffbag

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 09:26:10 PM »
i was being retarded with my comment and understand having fun, every thing after the first two words was me just having pointless fun within my own head.

i understand what loveday is and why people go there.

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 04:11:52 PM »
See in my mind four wheel driving is about exactly that. I enjoy the long drives to get places but its all about see what you can make your car do. Money Permitted a 4wd should stay in the shed and be played with untill the weekend. Have a cheap and eco friendly car for getting around in. If you want camping but not serious off roading then something like a X-trail is the way to go.

Offline Scuba-Roo

• Post Happy User
  • Scoobing them Roos since 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 04:39:17 PM »
that was nuts!!
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Offline Roger

• Post Happy User
  • I fix and make stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »
Dom had some fun, he got to be the passenger both times I went through the track hehe, I had lots of fun too, but should have remembered to disconnect the anti-sway bar first so it didn't brake the bracket, but its all fixed now.  I can't wait to see where Tony has placed the markers you have to drive around on the Rock Garden track, he said he would make sure ya had to drive through the holes he doug... YIKES...
105 Landcruiser - 3" lift - 33" MTZs - LPG injection - Tigerz11 winch - Bull lamps - DIY on board air - rear drawers/bed/table

Offline DOM

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 05:15:22 PM »
haha yeah it was great fun, plenty of bouncing action. Be good to check the track out again in May.