Author Topic: Hill Climb in Suburbia  (Read 4395 times)

Offline acousticjase88

• Regular User
    • View Profile
Hill Climb in Suburbia
« on: March 23, 2009, 12:07:57 AM »
my mates and i had fun cruising up this hill we found in a park....coming down was daunting! couldnt see ANYTHING when just going over the edge....doesnt do justice of how steep it was or what it looked like in real life.....FUN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPRl36KC1U
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:08:52 PM by acousticjase88 »
04' Hilux SR5 Dual Cab

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
Re: Hill Climb in Suburbia
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:56:16 AM »
To post a YouTube video (or in fact most youtube type site videos) on this forum you only have to paste the URL of the video. The forum does the rest and embeds it. Cheers, Phiz

Offline shuffbag

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:04:39 AM »
hey i think you should take me there now!! i wanna go drive up near that new round about on goldern grove rd see how far back you can get.

Offline dirtrider159

• Frequent User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 03:53:35 AM »
Gday boys, im new to this whole forum so hello.. i bought kaizee's brumby a while back and have been fairly slack as of recent... anyway i am out in the north-eastern suburbs and behind the new round about at GG is not to much... there was a really good bog the last weekend after the big rain but my mate with his L series wagon was away in vietnam so i had to play in the mud myself.... i dont know how many people have been goin out there because when i went for a quick buzz the other day i noticed they have blocked off alot of the tracks out the back there  :( guess they caught onto the fact there were trenches everywhere  :D  anyway i've seen a few offroad subaru's getting around and will try my best to keep in contact with this site... cheers  :thumbup:

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 09:33:41 AM »
G'day dirtrider, look forward to having a bash sometime in the future with ya. Keep an eye out in the SA section on this forum.

Offline acousticjase88

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »
Hey dirtrider...i live up NE suburbs too...TTG.

Ive seen a few brumby's going around down vatala vale rd....did i once see you with a bird in the car and with P plates?...hancock road it was.

might cya round man!
04' Hilux SR5 Dual Cab

Offline dirtrider159

• Frequent User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:19:43 AM »
nah man, i only bought the car a few months back and been on my p2's all the time... if you see me anywhere it will be between mcintyre/bridge road - elizabeth shopping centre in the arvo's.... damn i love arvo shift ahaha   :brickwall:

Offline shuffbag

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 12:46:29 PM »
ha i live down this way now (salisbury park), but am yet to see you.

i have and drive a maroon lifted L wagon with shit clear coat flaking off and a rough looking white rx turbo (seems to be driven more atm, up and down the hill to st agnes for work)

hey jase what was the deal with your suspension i want to rase the rx a little but don't want to go the body lift way again.

Offline dirtrider159

• Frequent User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 12:52:54 PM »
i think i might have passed you on main north road once??? car sounds familiar... the wagon

Offline acousticjase88

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 06:02:13 PM »
Shuff, I got heavy duty springs put in the front (and they were already in the back...)...it raised it very slightly...but then again i have a lift kit......is that what you wanted to know??

on a side note, i think i could have filled up a bucket with the dried mud i just scraped out of the springs and shockers and guards......sheesh....
04' Hilux SR5 Dual Cab