• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
Lights
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 11:18:28 AM »
You also need to take those crap rubber covers off them..
We'll look into the wiring on friday I reckon.
I don't think we have any now that I used the Narva's. Unless roger can sell his wagon without the bull lamps. But they are 220mm, FUCKING HUGE. Best place I found for buying lights is on ebay :) You can get almost 50% off Hella's if you do your research..

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
Lights
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 11:29:08 AM »
cool ill give that a crack

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
Lights
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 06:14:02 PM »
I saw some of those roo lights in a shop the other day. Look pretty similar to Lightforce huh? Would be cool to see a comparison between the two. Might have to get Luke and Brumbi in one place sometime and have a look. I'd also like to know how much brighter my new light setup is then a stock brumby, I know it's better but I'd like to compare all the same.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 06:14:28 PM by Phizinza »

Offline KAIZEE

• Post Happy User
  • Lets do that again...
    • View Profile
Lights
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 06:30:05 PM »
ive got stock lights ones even cracked i think real Authentic subaru style
97 Prado, 99 Vitara SWB

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
Lights
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 06:48:59 PM »
I have a full set of 4 sealed beams (in good working order, as bright as 60/55 H4 non-sealed beam ones.) Maybe I can sell one to you cheap.

Offline The_Bronze.

• Newbie Subie
    • View Profile
Lights
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 09:25:13 PM »
well - I ventured in behind the grill today in the hope there might be H4's filled up with water. I the very least I thought the glass on the front of my Brumby was there to stop the candles from blowing out. A great little car however would have to be the worst light I have ever driven with. My Forester isn't that much better. I have 90/130 burning in that and the spread is awful and loses a lot of refractive light.

So Gurus. How can this be fixed?

I can see from this thread that driving lights are a popular option and I see that the Brumby has sealed beams. Disappointing really. Is there some form of H4 or H9 conversion kits available or can you upgrade the sealed beam somehow. I need to find something that is going to improve the output that I currently have. Nearly all my driving is long distance and at night. Dubbo - Rockhampton two weekends ago return and Orange to Newcastle return last weekend. Roughly 70% of those trips were at night.

Yes I will look at Driving light but in the mean time lest sort through the headlight. Can people offer some suggestions on how to replace / improve the light they currently shine. In the meantime while you research this I will have a look at the wiring. I see two relays there already but I doubt they are actually making any improvement what so ever.

Bronze.

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
Lights
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 10:24:31 AM »
Phizinza Re-wired my headlights with two new relays recently, im still not sure what he did cause im not very electro savy but there was a 25%improvement in power, i strongly recommend the upgrade cause it is simple and very effective. If you ask im sure he has a diagram of what to do.

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
Lights
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 08:58:14 PM »
Nissan vans, Toyota Crowns, etc, use the same lenses as the quad Brumby lights.. These sometimes can be found with a H4 and H1 globe instead of the sealed. Pick up a set at a wrecker and put relays in the wiring... It fixes it soo good.

Offline The_Bronze.

• Newbie Subie
    • View Profile
Lights
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 08:01:09 PM »
Thanks again Lesscroft and Phizinza. Have written that down and will start scouring. I don't have the twin headlights but I'll see what I can do about modifying to suit.

I have a diagram for twin relays but it seems the Brumby already has twin relays running. Can't see the improvement unfortunately. Must have been going like from the dark age to the stone age.

Please feel free to add more if you can think of anything.

Ta.

B.

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
Lights
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 10:18:19 AM »
The Brumby does have relays but they are on the positive. The negative is still switched through the steering column stork which in my case lost a little under 1.2volts.
I found the best thing to do is put common negative and run a new set of relays on the positive with the old circuit running the relays.