Author Topic: how much nitrous can a 89 turbo gl motor take before it pops?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline jonnymick

• Frequent User
    • View Profile
i got ahold of a kind of busted up 89 subaru gl wagon on demand 4x4 turbo 1.8 & i plan to chop the back off & replace it with just a roll cage & run it in a local rough truck-i only intend to use the nitrous for the final straight stretch leading up to the final jump-the stretch including jump is about 800 feet & what i want to know is how much nos i can cram into the motor in that stretch before it blows. im not concerned about it blowing up-i just want to figure out how much i can put to it for it to survive until its in the air-after that its none of my concern. im talking as cheap of a nitrous setup as possible-as im not concerned about what the car or its engine looks like after it hits the air on the final jump. i know to a lot of you guys this will seem like sacrilege but the car is beat down & i have a nice low mileage turbo motor that im gonna use in another project- so im not really concerned about to wore out one thats in this car.

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
how much nitrous can a 89 turbo gl motor take before it pops?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 09:32:19 AM »
I'm pretty sure the guys at http://www.amishoutlawracing.com/2005TT.html put NOS in their EA81 hatch, although they didn't give anything away about it. Might try to ask them now. They might be helpful

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
how much nitrous can a 89 turbo gl motor take before it pops?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 12:51:19 PM »
your a legend mate, I dont have any problem with u destroying a subie as long as it shows everyone up in the process! The latest mud dust and music off road comp we went to had an old subie in it with different sized wheels but it was the star of the show cause they thrashed it so hard. Then they crushed it with a mung GQ