Author Topic: good 4wd tracks for learner  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Scuba-Roo

• Post Happy User
  • Scoobing them Roos since 91
    • View Profile
good 4wd tracks for learner
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 07:58:52 PM »
Didn't think lift kits where hard to make...just some 2" blocks of metal, some long bolts, a way to extend the brake lines, and the steering shaft...right?
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Offline pegzy

• Frequent User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 09:40:44 PM »
maybe i dont kno..... i dont kno much bout cars ey. but the knowledge is building. im still a noob

Offline Scuba-Roo

• Post Happy User
  • Scoobing them Roos since 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 10:00:02 PM »
As GG would say drink from the n00b cup...but i can't talk...i know enough about cars to get me outta trouble...and sometimes in it...
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2007, 10:29:46 AM »
Most of a lift in a EA81 car is just blocks and bolts. Then theres steering extension, front strut lift blocks, and new rear shockers. Sometimes you'll have trouble with your shifter lever as well which needs sorting out. Any more the 2" and sometimes you need other things like custom rad hoses, brake line extensions, upper engine mount, etc etc.

Its not simple at all, but its pretty easy to do. If you do want to make your own body lift and you don't have a welder, then I suggest you buy the steering extension and the front strut lifts from a lift kit manufacture like HiRise or BYB.