Author Topic: 4runner whinch bar installation  (Read 9247 times)

Offline Roger

• Post Happy User
  • I fix and make stuff...
    • View Profile
4runner whinch bar installation
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2007, 08:42:38 PM »
"great power gains with a grin from ear to ear:biggrin:"
hopefully that will be me :biggrin:
Just adjusted my valve timing/clearance and put on a thermo fan on (replaced my clutch fan) using a "Davis Craig" adjustable thermo switch, and I've noticed a considerable power gain, maybe it was the valves maybe the fan, but I like it heaps more now.

But still bring on the TURBO :dbanana:
105 Landcruiser - 3" lift - 33" MTZs - LPG injection - Tigerz11 winch - Bull lamps - DIY on board air - rear drawers/bed/table

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »
That is my plan, small boost in NA engine...

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007, 08:47:38 PM »
I'm pretty confident that you would of gained no 'butt in the seat dyno' power from the valves bro.. I've never noticed power gain in my EA81 form doing that. Although if the valves were always slightly open then it may make a difference, but none of your tickers were set that bad.

Offline Roger

• Post Happy User
  • I fix and make stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2007, 08:50:39 PM »
yeah they just were not opening as far as they could, most of them the gap was too large also leaving the valve closed for too long.
105 Landcruiser - 3" lift - 33" MTZs - LPG injection - Tigerz11 winch - Bull lamps - DIY on board air - rear drawers/bed/table

Offline Phafin

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2007, 04:53:39 PM »
I'll be interested to see how the gb holds up to the turbo phiz. I got lucky and the mechanic I've been going to for years did his apprenticeship at a subaru shop when the L-series was still in production. He said the gbs are tough as nails but don't turbo the ej22 (when I get the bloody thing in) cos that'l be pushing too far.:rolleyes: I didn't ask what he thought about turboing the ea81-82 but if it can stand up to a supercharger I don't see why not. You have a funny sort of hybrid gb anyway though right?

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2007, 11:53:53 PM »
Yeah, it's AWD so a little better with the extra power on road.. I never plan on using boost with the centre diff locked though.. So that should help it out a little