Author Topic: 4runner whinch bar installation  (Read 9246 times)

Offline Roger

• Post Happy User
  • I fix and make stuff...
    • View Profile
4runner whinch bar installation
« on: May 16, 2007, 07:32:42 PM »
Heres my 84 solid axle 4runner, which I recently purchased with many spare extras, including a nice ARB bullbar.

I ripped off the bar that came on it with the help of Chris and my brother and made up a bracket to hold the winch in behind the ARB bar, here are some shots of the installation.
105 Landcruiser - 3" lift - 33" MTZs - LPG injection - Tigerz11 winch - Bull lamps - DIY on board air - rear drawers/bed/table

Offline Roger

• Post Happy User
  • I fix and make stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 07:33:55 PM »
More pictures.
105 Landcruiser - 3" lift - 33" MTZs - LPG injection - Tigerz11 winch - Bull lamps - DIY on board air - rear drawers/bed/table

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 08:08:31 PM »
Well that came up nicely, It seems the three of us did a good job, Despite the fact that you did most of the work. even still I love having the forum open so we can share this stuff. Nife Stuff. BTW i want to buy a mig welder and an angle grinder, low budget, any sudgestions and prices?

Dont suppose you can get me a better price?

Offline Phafin

• Regular User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:52:28 AM »
goto cash converters and look for a mig welder which looks like it has been through hell. Open up the cover and check the wire guides and moving parts, if ok buy it for a song! It don't matter what it looks like when it's locked in your garage, my mate got one for $300 which would retail new for over $2000. As for a grinder, just buy a cheapie and get good disks for it.

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 07:13:50 PM »
Thanks mate, will do. I have to stop changing the topics of conversation on peoples posts. So anyway as i was saying the mount and final product for the winch is fantastic!

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 11:14:17 AM »
To go further off topic, if you want to ask questions directed to someone you can use the PM system by clicking on the Inbox up the top.

We have yet to test the winch on the 4runner, but it should get a work out soon.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:15:36 AM by Phizinza »

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 02:46:19 PM »
Since you have the winch, maybe a second transfer case or some crawling gears would be nice then hey presto you've got yourself a rock crawler...

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 09:26:49 PM »
i was thinking, my bullbar is'nt winch compatible but neither was urs, ill have to check out the amount of room between the grill and bull bar, but i reckon its possible to make a bracket for a winch. maybe i should just get a locker and do as luke says, drive over things.

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 09:38:31 PM »
Yeah, don't get to far ahead of yourself. Figure out either spring lift or diff lock and go for it. Then figure out what next. But really I think both the lift or the locker is your best first upgrades.

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 09:40:40 PM »
im getting the lift first, the car scrapes and drags way to much atm, so the diff locker is a few months off