Author Topic: CBs and UHFs  (Read 4537 times)

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
CBs and UHFs
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 06:58:42 PM »
UHF aerial will plug right into the UHF radio. I wouldn't bother trying to use some dodgy aerial as the wave length of the aerial is very important for clear signal.

Offline 90Lsupacharge

• Frequent User
    • View Profile
CBs and UHFs
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 10:34:32 AM »
I have 6 leads and normally around 5 antennas on my L depending where I am heading, highway or offroad etc...
Glass mount is ok for close groups, but a 7foot monster stick is my preference on the bull bar...

Offline KAIZEE

• Post Happy User
  • Lets do that again...
    • View Profile
CBs and UHFs
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 01:14:03 PM »
nah, ive got a uhf aerial but the plug isnt connected to the wire, i mean when i strip the wire back do i strip the outer or the hole thing down to the center wire
97 Prado, 99 Vitara SWB

Offline slowlux

• Regular User
    • View Profile
CBs and UHFs
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 11:01:18 AM »
go onto exploreoz website, theres a thing in there on how to do it with pics, its a piece of piss but you need a soldering iron

Offline Maxxair

• Post Happy User
    • View Profile
CBs and UHFs
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 12:17:18 PM »
i gotta strip the whole lot, down to the center wire core for the first bit. then you need to take only the very outer layer off for the next bit. and then solder to the plug yea. the center core is the positive and the outer braid is neg and or sheilding. either way dont let them touch.

Offline KAIZEE

• Post Happy User
  • Lets do that again...
    • View Profile
CBs and UHFs
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 10:38:14 AM »
yeah i work that out with out any instrustions but i dint know that ya had to solder it, that website was real helpful (exploreoz) cheers for the help
97 Prado, 99 Vitara SWB