Author Topic: Gutsy  (Read 613 times)

Offline Tas75

• Newbie Subie
    • View Profile
Gutsy
« on: September 17, 2015, 07:33:05 PM »
Gutsy is a 1992 L Series Subaru EA82 Carby engine.

Gutsy was advertised for $600 registered but the old owner stated it had a blown head gasket and had nearly seized. I ended up buying Gutsy for $400. It had a large hole in the radiator and a flat battery. I replaced the radiator and have been driving it as my daily for two months. Compression is good and does not burn any oil. And so far touch wood not losing any coolant. There is a knocking noise that is louder when the clutch is pressed in so I am hoping it is not the engine. As it doesn't make the sound to after driving I am thinking a throw out bearing.

My future plans for old Gutsy is a 2" Body and suspension lift, Larger Tyres and larger exhaust. Bull Bar and down the track a weber carby or maybe be an EJ Conversion or a engine rebuild.

Offroading Subarus

Gutsy
« on: September 17, 2015, 07:33:05 PM »

Offline Tas75

• Newbie Subie
    • View Profile
Re: Gutsy
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 05:15:59 PM »
Well after months of pondering doing an EJ Conversion or installing a weber carb. I have gone with the weber carb option and a brand new weber is on its way. I may go down the EJ conversion route in a few years time.

I am in the process of buying a 2" Body and lift kit. I would go larger but the police are cracking down on lift kits at the moment so a 2" is all I need. Still working out what size rims and tyres to buy?

I have also purchased a diff protector so I am looking forward to the above arriving.

On the engine side of things I have purchased an extra flow thermostat. I will also be installing two new electric fans for the radiator that I can manually switch on when off road.

Next is a Bull bar and a steel rear bumper bar with a spare wheel attachment. Then comes the new paint scheme

Offline Tas75

• Newbie Subie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »
Been a while since I have posted anything on Gutsy she was a good car but had an untimely demise thanks to some low lifes but here are a few pics of what she looked like with 2" body and suspension life and what she now looks like thanks to being stolen and was uninsured as well was a double blow 2 days later she was stripped bare.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:48:59 PM by Tas75 »

Offline Tas75

• Newbie Subie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 01:49:58 PM »
And after the low life's had her.

Offroading Subarus

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 01:49:58 PM »

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 10:31:24 PM »
Such a shame!
Sorry about your loss. I hope karma catches up to them

Offline el_freddo

• Post Happy User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 12:46:43 AM »
Shit news mate.  I can't imagine how you're feeling.

I hope the scum responsible for this have a long, slow, painful death.  You simply don't do this to other people's pride and joy.

Bennie

Offroading Subarus

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 12:46:43 AM »