Author Topic: A word of warning when using a tyre pump  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
A word of warning when using a tyre pump
« on: August 08, 2007, 06:46:57 PM »
Chris, aka Lesscroft, gave me his pump the other day to fix as it wasn't working. I opened it up and it turns out it was full of sand, but mostly "shell grit."
And it also turns out the pump itself isn't enclosed, it just has some filters on it so all the inner workings of the pump were full of sand too.. It had engine had sand around the piston and it looked like it pumped some too.
So, when using one of these pumps do not set them on dirt or sand as they don't filter it out that well.

Chris, did you want the pump back? It seems to work fine now, just needed a good clean with the compressor and degreaser then a oil.

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 07:07:17 PM »
well thats what you get when u pay $120 for a pump, i shouldnt have been so lazy and cleaned it out myself. Thanks mate, i will get it back off you cause it comes in handy alot. Ill shout you something for ur help. I dont think i could even start to add up the amount of favours i must owe you.

Offline Roger

• Post Happy User
  • I fix and make stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 07:29:35 PM »
I was going to post something that has nothing to do with Thomas's post but I remembered his post on 4wd action forum and decided to post this instead.
105 Landcruiser - 3" lift - 33" MTZs - LPG injection - Tigerz11 winch - Bull lamps - DIY on board air - rear drawers/bed/table