Author Topic: Home made snorkles  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
Home made snorkles
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 08:26:25 PM »
hi thomas its tash how are u? hope all is good down on the west side lol........much luv x

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
Home made snorkles
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 11:39:14 PM »
Hey Tash, all is good. Finally I got to drive my car and feel good about every single minute of it today.. Nice to have things working again. Although still much to do.

I've been thinking about doing a snorkle myself. I reckon the rubber bends and stainless steel 2"-3" pipe sounds like a good idea. In my design I might even have 1 bend though.. Problem is I'm still not sure if the Brumby will be kept as a offroader or if it will just stay onroad. So I might hold off on the snorkle til I make up my mind (which maybe after my project is built.)

Offline Lesscroft

• Happy Camper
    • View Profile
Home made snorkles
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 09:30:06 AM »
fair point, i was looking at one last night that was made out of 3inch exhaust pipe and he just used the bends that you can buy in a shop. he then cleaned up the welds and gave it a coat of paint, looks great if u ask me, i rekcon that will be the way to go for me.

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
Home made snorkles
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 10:55:15 AM »
Thats how my stainless steel sports bar is made.. piece of straight 3" exhaust tube with those mandrel bends you can buy welded all together and cleaned up but not painted. If you just get normal steel rather then stainless we should be able to weld it up nicely.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:55:56 AM by Phizinza »