Author Topic: subaru lift/suspension work  (Read 681 times)

Offline darbygl85

• Newbie Subie
    • View Profile
subaru lift/suspension work
« on: May 03, 2015, 11:38:12 PM »
trying to lift n level my Subaru 1 to 2 inches. could I do blocks or spacers? I have an 85 gl hatchback and I feel as if it should be that difficult when I get threw all the aged hardware. anyone have any diagrams or step by steps?

Offline Phizinza

• Fizz-in-za
  • Administrator
  • Happy Camper
  • Yip yip
    • View Profile
    • Offroading Subarus
Re: subaru lift/suspension work
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 03:47:51 PM »
So you're just looking to lift the front to match the rear torsion bar height? When the torsion bar is wound all the way up and the bars aren't sagging you'll find a 2" body lift in the front levels it. When doing the 2" body lift you need two long blocks between the engine crossmember and body. Six 2x2x2" blocks (three each side) on the gearbox crossmember plates. A steering extension. Strut top blocks with offset to correct for camber (14mm for 50mm/2" of lift offset pushing the struts further inwards towards the middle of the car). And everything else will be fine and still work (top engine mount, radiator hoses, power steering hoses, wiring, cables, etc.

If you have a floppy shifter level it will be essential to fix it before the lift as you will probably run into problems selecting reverse if the lever isn't tight with 2" of lift.

I don't think there's any plans floating around. Just scraps of info such as what I've given you. If you look hard enough you might even find all the bolt lengths you need. Seems you have a hatch I'll assume you're in the US. There are some people over there making parts for body lifts. Google SJR lifts. I know there's another just can't remember their name.